Salary: £29,900 - £31,808
Contract Type: Open-Ended
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 1st May 2017
Interview Date: 11th May 2017
Responsible for the successful delivery of assigned minor works to programme and within allocated budget. Some supervisory responsibilities for Major projects and Building Maintenance.
Management of externally appointed professional teams and contractors.
Engage and consult with RAL stakeholders and connected third parties regarding Minor Projects and Measured Term Contracts, including the capture of “brief”, interpretation of requirements and preparation of Valued Engineered specifications, with the aid of the M & E Department and other specialists.
The primary duties will include:
- initial and on-going liaison with the client to advise, interpret and define project requirements, scope and budget prior to works instruction
- preparation of estimates, specifications and tender documents relating to Minor Projects and Measured Term Contracts at RAL
- instructing, implementing and managing projects using NEC3 TSC and NEC3 ECC processes and protocols
- procurement and supervision of contractors with minimal impact to the site location, including works coordination, integration, Safety and Quality assurance
- assist the Quantity Surveyor through the supply of robust cost management information for assigned projects, including the valuation and reconciliation of Measured Term Contracts
- ensuring CDM requirements are met for relevant schemes, including the issuing F10 notices where appropriate
- project management of various projects incorporating all building disciplines, with assistance for M & E and other specialist trades
- ensure the users acceptance and sign off the completion of minor project works
- available for RAL Call-Outs and weekend working when required.
The above duties will require limited travel and may involve occasional overnight stays.
- formal building qualifications.
- nationally recognised Health and Safety Qualification.
Knowledge & Experience
- extensive experience/knowledge of the Construction Industry
- experience in supervision of Contractors
- experienced operator of Microsoft Office
- detailed knowledge of current legislation
- experience dealing with customers
- experience of CDM, Quality Systems and Safety.
- estimating experience
- extensive experience/knowledge of procurement
- experience and practical application of NEC3 TSC and NEC3 ECC
- Cost Management experience
- AutoCAD experience.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- able to motivate and manage contractors
- self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- good verbal and written communication
- willingness to broaden knowledge.
- able to drive
- available for overnight visits
- live within one hours travel time of RAL site.
An exceptional index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance and flexible working are offered, as well as an onsite nursery, subsidised restaurant, gym and sports facilities.
Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC’s careers pages.
As this job does not fulfil the Home Office Code of Practice criterion for obtaining sponsored migrant worker status we will be unable to apply for sponsorship for anyone not eligible to work in the UK. At interview, all shortlisted candidates are required to bring with them identification documents and original documents that prove they hold or can obtain the right to work in the UK. You can check your eligibility here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y
Online applications only, please submit a covering letter and CV, ensuring that the IRC reference is included in the file name description of each document uploaded. No Agencies.
The closing date for applications is 1st May 2017. The interview/assessment date for this vacancy is 11th May 2017 and will be held at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
We want to make our application process as easy for you as we possibly can. If you experience any problems in applying for this job, or have any feedback for us about the application process, please contact our Recruitment Hotline on 01793 867000 (8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday). Please quote the appropriate IRC reference number when calling.